Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Love Uncoditionally

There was a time that i did not know and kept asking why God wants us to love our enemies or the people who hurts us. But when i started thinking about it and researching about it, i finally realized it and connected it into a whole idea. This is how i think why God wants us to love unconditionally. As you remember when i mentioned on one of my post earlier that i like to look at the suffering as a blessing. I started thinking about it and kept saying that sufferings are blessings but i did not really know the meaning even though i was living in it. The only thing that i knew about it is that when i overcome that suffering, it brings me joy that i do not really experience from other blessings that i receive from God. But when i kept fighting and flipping this idea back and forth while connecting its like im dealing with geometry, i suddenly found the solution that i was looking for. I will give one illustration that will give us a clear picture of what i want to show.

Two best friends are enjoying their fellowship with each other every single days of their lives because they share things in common. these two people are both Christians. They recognize the blessings that they receive from God through their peaceful friendship. They have a really good friendship and that is 50% of the unconditional love that i am talking about. Now, where is the other 50%? The other 50% love is when they become mad at each other or their ideas contradict each other. Why is it love when they contradict each other? As we know that these two people are Christians. When they have problems in their lives, they pray to God. When they need help, they pray to God. The reason why the other 50% love happens when they go against each other is because they will focus more to God because they are about to loose their friendship.

More clear explanation on this situation. If I laugh with a person near me, he gives me joy because we have a good fellowship. This mean that i should love him because he gives me a good time. If this person makes me mad or disappointed, I would start praying to God and ask why is this happening. Because of that person, I drew more close to God because i was seeking help. If he did not made me mad, i probably did not come to God and say "I need help". I think this should tell us that we should love people who hurts us more than people that we normally want to hang out with.

Pain brings our attention to God more than we normally do. People hurting us makes us pray to God more than we normally do. The more we face tension, the more we come to God and seek for help. Love unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment