Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Starting Mission Organization

I have been seeing a lot of Micronesian students graduating from this PIBC and even some bible colleges abroad, and it makes me feel sad that right after they finish schooling, they hardly find a job that fits their degree or the field that they studied in college. I thought is was only my goal or should I say vision to build a foundation of some kind of Mission Organization over here in Micronesia for those people who are really interested in serving the Lord. When I started sharing my ideas about this goal that I want to accomplish, I found out that this has been requested before. I found out from a board member, Martin Auch, that even Pator Billy Kuartei have mentioned this before. But in some term, the process did not start. Even Pastor Hedrick Kual had this in mind. I have talked to some board members and they told me that this was mentioned in their prayer, not specifically the building of the organization but about the Micronesian to become a full time missionary.

With some help from Pastor Hedrick, he gave me some breif information of how this mission organization will function:

PURPOSE:
This organization or ministry is committed to creating a platform for young Palauan/Micronesians to serve God in the capacity that God has called and gifted them.

RATIONALE:
Young Christians in Palau/Micronesia fail to follow through God's calling for ministry because of the lack of finacial support and coaching. There is a need for a ministry that will provide a platform for service for young people and will continue until the local church is able to provide such a platfrom for their own young people. This effort will also bridge the generational gap within the Micronesian Churches.

IT WILL:
  • Work to connect aspiring missionaries to mission agencies
  • Seek financial support for Micronesian Missionaries locally and abroad
  • Place missionaries in the mission field
  • Promote a lifestyle of giving among Christians especially toward mission work
  • Seek assistance and support for retiring missionaries or Church workers
  • To promote vision for world international mission
  • To provide assistance and resources to peope in Kingdom visions
  • To bring technical assistance and other resources to support Micronesain Churches
  • Actively seek finances to support projects aimed at building the Kingdom of God
  • Promote training and education to those called to minister within the Church
  • Seek finacial aid and scholarships
  • Assist graduates in the trasition to ministries
  • Create fellowship groups among Christians in the communities
  • Encourage and assist Christians to take technical and professional jobs
GOAL:
  • To start a mission agency to provide ministry/missions related servides to Micronesians by 1012
  • To begin a network and partnership of Micronesians in Ministry ASAP.
These are just few things that are on the List of Function for this goal or vision. Another major thing in my mind is when the student from PIBC graduate, we can use this agency or organization to send the graduate students to abroad for couple of months ministry as their internship. After a couple of months, they will come back. If the graduate student wanted to continue the ministry that he/she did, this agency will send him/her back as a full time missionary. This has been on the back of my mind and I have heard a lot of people that already have parts on this work through prayers or concerns.

It is my prayer request that may this goal or vision could happen. This agency will be associating with the churches in Micronesia, so pray that the churches may also welcome this upcoming work. It is not only my goal, but my cry that Micronesians will have opportunity to go abroad as a full time missionaries. Gospel came to Palau almost 80 years ago, even other Micronesian Islands. I think there should be some actions taking place right now. There are some people that have not heard the name JESUS CHRIST outside these islands and I think we should start taking actions. Actually, it has been started in Thailand Mission and I think we should expand it to other places abroad. Pray for this so the plans can go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment