Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Like, Love, and Worship

Word of choice is very important in our lives. The reason why is because the words you choose in your mind and to speak them are very effective and can cause either peace, war, conflict, settlement, success, corruption, etc. For example, the word "NOT" is one of the. Here are some sentence that we could use as an examples:
  • I do love you; I do "NOT" love
  • I will fight you, I will "NOT" fight you
  • Christ did die for you and me; Christ did "NOT" die for you and me
  • You are my brother; You are "NOT" my brother
Those are just examples of word choice, but the words that I want talk about are LIKE, LOVE, and WORSHIP. Why did I choose these words? Well, it sometimes does affect our conversation and some people misinterpret them. I will break the usage of these terms into detail so we will know how it should function as a Christians. I will talk about them using three different things or objects. These things or objects are CAR, FAMILY, and GOD.

"I have a 1993 Honda CIVIC Hatchback with a manual trans axle and I love this car. This car is my babe." OK. Everything that was said in this quote is true because I own one, but i used a wrong word choice. I use the word "LOVE". I can like my car but I cannot love my car. Next...

Families, we can love them but we cannot worship them. Worship belongs to God. We can worship our God, we can love our God, and we can like our God. We can Love our family, we can like our family, but we cannot worship our family. We can like our car, but we cannot love our car nor worship it.

Some people says, "Man, I love this chocolate." It is just the same as loving his/her car. Some people says, "That guy is my idol." It's just the same as worshiping his/her family.

Why am I saying these? Because saying "That guy is my idol" is also saying "That guy is my god". Word choice is very important because it can break the foundation of friendship or anything that you and someone have been working with for many years within a minute or seconds. These are just some of simple thoughts but are important to put them at the back of our mind and be aware about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment