Friday, October 23, 2009

PIU Basketball

This past few weeks after the school stated, PIU had been battling their games inside the basketball court. On the first game, we took the win over Harvest so it kind of gave us a hope that we will make a good season for this year. After we played the next three games, our mind started to change because we lost those three or four games back-to-back but our hope were still high. There were times in the games that brought silence to our mouth because of how we hated the game and how we struggle to get the desire that we wanted in the game which was and still is winning. But we never lost hope and we continued believing in ourselves. There are some games that I feel so sad about because when we come back home from the game with a lose, one or sometimes couple of my brothers complained because they did not even get in the game at all. I do understand that one because it happened to me few times in this season. So I vividly know how they feel, especially when a person know that he was working hard and putting all of his effort on the practice, not hoping but desiring to go in the game and yet did not have any chance to play at all. Even though we faced those challenges in this particular ministry, we did overame them. I have to tell you one thing. This season, comparing to last year season, it turned out quite ok. Actually, it turned out much better than last year. Last year PIU only had two wins for the whole season so they did not have a chance to go to PlayOff. But this year, we have raised up our status. Right now our standing is 5-5. The amazing thing about it, as you know that we only won Harvest, right now we have five wins with four consecutive winning from these past four games including the one that we played today. We just broke the record from last year, and not only that, but we also just earned couple more games to play because we are now going for PlayOffs. I enjoy watching my brothers building their relationship not only inside the campus activities, but also outside like basketball with other church teams. Other than that, our team had been crying for the uniform. we are already getting toward the end of our season of the basketball and still have no uniforms. The uniforms cost $41.00 but most of the students in the team could not afford with that amount of money. I dont really want to see my brothers to play inside the court for PlayOffs and raise their fingers to show their numbers or shout their numbers. It's a PlayOffs and could be Championship after three of four year. They deserve uniforms. I am willing to sponsor one of them but I cannot sponsor all of them. I just hope that they will wear uniforms on the PlayOffs. This is the first Pacific Island University Basketball team and I want to see them in to court with PIU Basketball uniform on instead of yelling out their number or raising up their fingers to show their numbers. I can do something but I cannot do it on my own. It's just my wish and desire that my brothers will have uniforms before playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment