Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thank you Student Body

I just want to take this time and thank all of you PIBC/PIU students for putting your trust in me on this responsibility as a Student Body President. This task is a big responsibility, but it was not by a mistake it was appointed to me. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for this. One thing that I want to let you all know that even though I am the President of Student Body, I do not want you guys to call me president. I want you guys to approach me as I am your brother. I will act as a President when I do paper works and the request that you make, but as far as addressing my title, call me brother. Calling me President will separate me from everyone and make me like higher than any student... and I don't like that. I am still the same person, but my responsibility is big and heavy. I believe one of the reason that made you guys vote for me is because the relationship that we built in this campus is vivid and healthy. So I want to continue to do that and meet your needs and at the same time, I want you all to be open minded because I do need help from you guys for this responsibility. There are lot of things in my mind that I have been thinking to make changes in our environment for better, and since you guys already put me in this spot, I think it is time to initiate those thoughts. I also want to thank all the Staff and Faculty for their prayer on this position. I know that it was not only students' votes made me of put me in this position, but I claim that it was the calling from God. So I will assume my responsibility with no complaints and try to serve the students and meet their needs with all my best. I want to picture this as a small ministry in campus. So thank you all for this. I do have experienced in the past about this kind of responsibility so I will try to make things for the better of the students and the school. I love you all and thank you again.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your sentiment here 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. higher reponsibility means higher calling which entails a stricter accounting...I will pray for you brother.

    ReplyDelete