Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's not a judgment

On Tuesday Chapel, president of our school, Dave Owen, gave us a final challenge before we face our vacation in summer. He was mentioning about an old man with a horse and a lot of people brought a lot of good and bad judgment toward this horse and even this old man's son. Later he told a little challenge that he faced in mid 90's about his house that he lost before Christmas. With these transitional stories, he led us into the word of God in 2 Chronicles 14 which was the story of Asa. At the end of this Sermon, he said, "I believe this is not a judgment. I know he is doing this for a reason. Am I concern about the future of PIBC? 'YES'. Am I worried? 'NO'."

Why am I pointing these out? I too am not worried about the future of PIBC/PIU. But I am just puzzled with the loss of our staffs. Losing Brad, Jens, Hiob from our PIBC Family is understood because somewhere in the line, I believe they will visit PIU in the future. But losing our beloved sister Kathy keeps puzzling my mind. I knew that she was going to leave our campus too. But the destination that all the students and staffs thought about was wrong and the date of her departure was wrong too. We all thought that she was going to leave our campus on May 28, 2009 to the States. Instead, she departed from us on May 06, 2009, not going to the states, but left to the place of rest.

I am shock and still puzzled, but I am not thrawing any judgment. I know God have a purpose for this and I hope all the brothers and sisters of mine (Students) on this campus also understand. I never had a chance to go to her class, but I had a chance to get some help from her regarding my registration and some tutoring in the Library. I will treasure those little help that I got from her.

I did research about Frederick Douglass and considered him and other people like Susan B. Anthony, Abraham Lincoln, Mary and Betsy from Holocost as heroes because of the things that are written in history books, but I want to announce that Kathy Newell's performance and her love toward us are to be remembered and has to be shared to others. Not only her words are her testimonies, but her actions that we see everytime she is in campus is her testimony too. I remember when Leah left to Philippine for funeral and she makes some food at her house and deliver them to Hiob because she want to make sure that Pastor Hiob does not get hungry. I am glad that she became part of my life. I remember her in my heart and will never forget about her. Her departure shocked me and puzzled me, but I will not thraw any judgment. Something good is going to happen in this very campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment