Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas Vacation

As the students started to leave the campus on the 19th of December 2008, I started to feel the loneliness within my heart. Some of the students that I knew and at the same time were also close friends of mine left that day, going back to their home island for good. With knowing that all the students are gonna be gone for a while, I started wondering how would I face this first challenge in my life, away from my family and live in the dorm with people that I barely knew. I've just met them in the beginning of September, 2008 and now we gonna share shelter under the same roof. Among these people were Me (Palau), Erten (Chuuk), Mamu (Bangladesh) and Sonny (Yap). As you can see, we all came from different places. To tell you the truth, my thought from the beginning was just a speculation because every single day in this one month Christmas Break was a blessing to me, and I know that it was a blessing to them too. When it comes to a task for the day, from 7:00hrs to 12:30hrs, we all enjoyed our work and everything worked so good. We all worked in unity and the greatest moments in the day was that 15minute break that we had. We used that to socialize and got to kn0w each others more. we had a lot of laughter during that particular 15minute of fame by recalling the times we had in elementary or talking about the talents of some former students in PIBC. Aside from that 15minute break, sit during the nights sharing our ideas and knowledge regarding our Christianity, and when our thoughts contradict to each other or we do not share the same thought, we debate on it to reveal the truth and learned from each other. With the thoughts and prides of where we came from, we turned them upside down and convert them into blessings. When it comes to food, instead of having a pride to show how talented we are in cooking, we choose someone to be our Sheff for the day. so with different background, we learned different ways of cooking and it became so blessings to us. Aside from cooking, our differences helped us to learn more from each other and it really worked on our skills of cross culture. So, for all of these been spoken, i think this is really good testimony that no matter where we came from, but when we are one in Christ, we will see marvelous things that God transforming in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment