Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blessings

What is a definition of blessings to you?
For me, blessing is a result. Things that happens to me in this present time, whether it is smooth or painful, but if i know that the result of it or i assume that the result of it or even if i dont know the outcome of it, i should rejoice. Because i know that in the end, the result comes out good. I will give an example:
If I fail to inform my roommate that it is already time for he class, i may face the consequence but i still have to praise the Lord because i did not only make a mistake but i agained a knowledge of it, and that's a blessing. Now let's go even more further. If i failed again and again, it dont mean that i am a failure or the result will end with bad result. I still need to praise the Lord for the fact that my roommate is already smarter than earlier that he cannot depend on me. At the same time, it is a blessing for me because i already know that i am weak on this part so in order to improve it, i change my strategy of how to inform him that the class is starting. Either i get an alarm clock or i find a way that i will not fail. so it was a gaining of understanding on both sides.

Blessings
School has a lot of rules nowadays and some of them are pretty much against my interest. But is that mean that i need to go around and say that this is not good and we must go against it? ...NO... It may be not good for me but it is good for others. So how will i be a blessing to this situation. Let's bring it to the term STRIKE in the Dorm. If something is messy in the dorm, i know it's not me that did it. But that does not mean that I am not responsible for this STRIKE. I am pretty much also responsible for it. I should not be complaining that "THE STRIKE SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY AFFECT ON ME" because i myself is also guilty by not stewarding my brother's mess. And if i have an attitude by saying "I DO WHAT I DO AND HE DO WHAT HE DO", I dont think this is the right place for me. So again, what should i do to be a blessing of this STRIKE thing? In order to be a blessing is that i must learn how to have selfless virtue in me before i think about anything else. If i do not have this in me, i would be one of a stubborn and selfish person in this face of the earth. ACTION TAKING is to minister to my brothers by cleaning their mess up and teach them how to live in a clean environment by showing it in my action. I have to be their leaders. Not by words, but by actions. I have to lead them and let them learn from my actions. Word can be said but it's very less effective. but if my brother see me doing it, he will for sure be motivated to do it. This is when i know that i have won his heart because he is already comfortable with my fellowhip of cleanliness. I should think about others more than myself. Am i doing that? In me i say yes. but for others, i would say i dont know because i know that i have blindspots that others can see that i dont see.

Blessing:
A lot of time, when we think that we have a lot to do, it is not true. We jus think that we have a lot to do because we wait and procrastinate until the time is very close and then we start thinking hard. But before, we were relaxing our mind like we were in Chillax Land. I say this because many times i caught myself in this situation. I thought that i was really busy but i was not. it was just works that could have been done simply if i spread them in the week, but i was procrastinating and ended up doing them in one day. So my work for 1 hour a day ended up work a 6hour works. I say six hour because 3 actual hour for the works but the other three is just frustration inbetween. With this result, we can end up with lack of sleep, having headache, possible missing or be late to class, bad mood because not enough rest, and last, we cannot think straight and we get so annoyed by a little things. There is a term, pre-job planning. This mean, we plan our job ahead of time. This only work if we stick on to it. This dont mean that we do things on the actual time we put on our calendar or planner, but this is a guide for us to succeed. How we do it? Let's say that we have three task that needed to be done in a week. the first one we put it on Monday, the second one we put or schedule it on Wednesday and the last one we schedule it on Friday. The pre-job planning is to make sure that these will get done and easily. So now what we need to plan is that we just need to see what time of the day we will do them. Failing to use the pre-job planning, the first task ended up not be done on Monday. Now this already bring pressure to you because you now have to work two consecutive days for these tasks on Tuesday and Wednesday, if you actually do them. IF you fail again, you can end up stressing out trying to figure what to do first because they all piling up to one another. Pre-job planning is a tool that will help us minimize our frustration at work and at the same time, help us not to fail our accomplishment or our works.
What is this has to do with blessings? Very simple. Failing to meet the goal for Monday is now a burden for the next day when you were actually had free time on the next day. For this, it is now taking away the free time that you were suppose to spend with other brothers or sisters for hiking or other good stuff. now you have to stay back and finish this job that was suppose to be done on Monday and missing fun on hikings. Let's keep it real and try not to procrastinate or be lazy but finish the things at the time that we need to finish.

KEEP UP THE STRENGTH AND MOTIVATE OTHERS TO DO GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment