Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Challenges and Blessings

There is a reason why i dont have picture posted when i update my blog. I left my camera and i still have not got it yet. I do not mind because i can just share without a picture. some people might say that "but it's good if you take pictures for the ministies you do in Thailand". Well, that was in my mind the first time i got here and i was so frustrated that i might not get the pictures of what i am doing here for memory, but s0mething just came to my realization. Taking picture is good but that is not the reason why i am here in Thailand. the reason why i am here is to share the Good News to the people over here in Thailand. Picture is only my interest but not my mission. That is why i was not and still not worried if i take pictures or n0t. i know who has my camera and he will give me as he said. It was a challenging to left my camera and not having it for some days, but it is a blessing because it helped me shape up my view of my ministry over here in Thailand.

Anyways, let me continue the sharing of blessings that i have faced over here in Thailand. During the time of Erten's injury, it was suppose to be a downpoint for everyone. But because everyone's focus was on Christ, it did not slow down our work, but motivated us to work even harder. During that night of injury, I challenged my brother Erten while he was laying on the bed waiting for the doctor to bring him to th O.R. I told him that everything that comes to our lives, either joyful moment or painful moment, we have to thank God for allowing these things to happen in our lives. I explained to him of how he can consider this injury and the situation that he went through as a blessing. Brothers and sisters, Erten's injury did not only impact us alone, but also impacted Campus Crusades and this brought us more closer and motivated us to stand firm on our mission and not giving up, not making excuses, but it derived us more toward the core of our goal. After he came out from the hospital, I challenged some of my brothers and sister's one night when we were in the kitchen and i told them about Job's faithfulness toward God and compare it to the situation that happened to us. First, it was Job's animals and crobs were taken away but Job did not submit to the hands of satan. Then his family were taken away too but his faith remained in God's presence. For that, the enemy thought that attacking his physical body would make him give up. But Job's faithfulness was fixed on God. Later on that story, we knew that God doubled up the things that Job lost. Same situation that happened to us and this is what i told my brothers and sisters that night, "The enemy was trying to destroy us through miscommunications and some little insidence even until few days before we leave, but we survived because we allowed God to take charge. We are here in Thailand and the enemy try to separate us or make us give up on reaching out to the students, but we never gave up. He could not destroy our relationship and our focus to God because our mind is fixed toward God, so he try to destruct us by hurting our brother Erten. We did not give up but continued to minister and actually our ministry and our relationship got even more stronger than ever." This is what i challenged them that night. Brothers and sisters, our ministry is still strong and we will keep it that way so the fountain of blessings will continue. I believe yesterday the heaven was shaking and the angels were shouting for joy because one of the student allowed our Lord Jesus Christ to take over her life. She was sitting with us today and we continued having a good fellowship in the campus. Like what i said earlier, there are lot of blessings happening over here and i always want to share. but since my fingers are already hurting from typing because of this keyboard that is so stiff, i will have to say to be continued. Pray for us that we may have good rest for tomorrow because these past two nights we stayed up until 2am for fixing foods for the booth. some members just went straight to sleep after we came back from campus because they were so exhausted from last night and the work we did today. Alright, it's time for me to go because my body need rest like those other brothers and sisters of mine that are resting right now. ZZZZZZ.......ZZZZZZZZ......

1 comment:

  1. Brother Maluat..I am thankful to God for your ministry....You as well as the whole group!!!..There is a saying I like to say.."GO FOR BROKE"...all the best in your ministry even when trouble arises....we contiinue praying for you here on the islands and pray and trust God to use the group mightly there in Thailand!! Remember we are just the instrument...Its Him whose doing the work THROUGH us!!

    ReplyDelete