Friday, February 11, 2011

Some photo-shootings around campus

These are some of the photos that I just took today. I am not a professional photographer, nor I have attended any photo training anywhere else. But because of my passion of shooting nature photography, I have spent time following instructions from other professional photographers on youtube and also have invested my time studying other people's photos by looking at the lighting, angles, zooming, much much more. With few tips from a good friend and mentor, Dan Fields, who is Professional Photographer from San Diego, California, I have used those tips as my guidelines to come up with these images that you are looking at right now. For those of you who knows Dan Fields, we both share same passion of photography, but we totally have different taste of photography. He mostly do weddings and portrait, but I lean more toward Macro Shootings and Natures.

I am still new in the field of photography, so my gears are very limited. I only have EOS 7D Canon with EF28-135mm Ultrasonic f/3.5-5.6IS Lens. This camera is still new to me because it is not even a year yet since I first touched it. With very limited gears, i cannot do much but learn to improvise. Since I like Macro Shootings, instead of buying new set of Macro Lens, i just spent $12.00 for a MacroTube and attached it to my lens and then start taking Macro shots like these ones.

With a strong passion of photography, I really want to get more gears like lenses and UV lenses, but because I don't have much money, I just have to be content with these gears that I have now and try to invest more lenses hopefully in the near future. Some of the lenses that I need, (not want but need), are f1.4 50mm
Lens, 50-500mm Sigma Lens, any wide angle lens, 72mm lens hood, and the last one is UV lenses. These are some of the things that I need to get for my camera. The appriximate overall price for these equipments is over a $2,000.00. I am praying that I will be able to get these someday.

With my passion of photography, I will tell you little more details and the reason why I have passion in photography.
As you look at theses pictures, not everyday you see something like this. Actually, you cannot just use your naked eyes and see details of these creatures like how you are looking at them right now. With that in my mind, I have chose to take a stand and start exposing some things that you barely see everyday. Everytime I press the shutter button on my camera, it is a ministry for me. I do not do this to gain reputation, or show off of what I am capable of, but I want you to see these and appreciate that we have a Perfect Creator who created these creatures just to make our lives wonderful and enjoyable.

For example, like this insect on the left, this is my first time to see something like this and I believe that it is also first time for you to see it, unless you are zoologist or your job is dealing with animals and insects. And for me seeing it for the first time, it ministers to my heart and I want to share it to you so we can all appreciate and glorify God for His wonderful creations.
Again, if you think that I do this for me, I say humbly say "please don't thinkthat way because I don't want to steal the credits that are not mine. The credits belongs to Him who created these. My part and request is that you will see these and think about how wonderful they are, and hope that it will bring you more closer to God.

Taking photos is not just something that do and that's it. This is my ministry, to show some details of God's creation to those who do not have access to photography or other equipments/devices that will expose the details of these beautiful creation of God. It is my desire to take these pictures and hope for you to be ministered through these creation of God, knowing that He is Perfect and He do good things to us.


























Taking pictures of these wonderful creatures, I learned that if you don't bother them, they will not harm you. Like these bees on the left side, i came close to them, less than 3inches, and took their pictures, and they did not even sting me because i was not threat to them. I also learned that they were buisy gathering honey to their nest.





I hope you enjoy my blog and the pictures that I am taking and hope that it will bring you more closer to God. If it does, then my job was accomplished.
I am suppose to start posting a lot of pictures of flowers on this blog because I am enrolled in one of the photo contest right now but when i took these pictures today, I can't help myself to share them. The reason why I say like that about the contest is that they are following my blog and evaluating the pictures that i'm posting on this blog. But these majority of these pictures that i just posted are not in the category of the contest. The category that we are focusing on is flower so I have to take pictures of different flowers. This contest is a worldwide so I am competing against some people in Europe, Middle East, U.S., and other major parts of the world.
I am hoping that I will win on this competition because the grand price is $6,000.00 and this can answer my request. I will be able to buy those gears that I need. Again, I hope you enjoy these pictures and just reflect them to how God is working around us and in us. You have a blessed forever.







































































































































































































1 comment:

  1. You and Larry should do a team chapel some day! Also, seeing how beautiful flies are up so close makes me feel bad about wishing they would all die :p You're a great photographer Meluat!

    ReplyDelete